August 25th, 2023
Dear Parents and/or Guardians,
We hope that this letter finds you and your family healthy and happy. We have surely been enjoying the graces of the beautiful weather throughout this summer. We are very excited for this coming school year as we welcome our new families and returning families.
- We aim to notify parents of class placements by 4:00 pm, Tuesday, August 29th.
- Meet the Staff evening will be on Wednesday, August 30th from 4:30 pm - 5:30 pm. Please note the change from our June letter. Due to unforeseen circumstances we had to change our time.
- Teachers and/or grade teams will do a presentation at 4:30 pm and a repeat presentation at 5:00 pm. Parents with more than two children will have to connect with the teachers for presentations they were not able to attend.
- This is a great opportunity to drop off school supplies prior to the first student day.
- Staggered Entry
- Grade 1-5 students whose last names begin with letters A-L will attend classes on Thursday, August 31st and those from M-Z on Friday, September 1st.
- All students will attend on Tuesday, September 5th. Kindergarten classes will have a staggered entry process of their own due to their unique calendar. School entry will remain the same, classes will have assigned doors and teachers will come outside to greet students and bring them to classes in the morning.
For the safety and protection of your children and our staff, we require ALL VISITORS to report to the main office when entering the school during the operational hours of the school day (7:45 am-3:45 pm).
All other exterior doors are closed and locked. Visitors are asked to sign in for attendance in case of an Hour Zero protocol. In the office we review the nature of the visit. If the visit is to volunteer in the school then we follow our Administrative Procedure NO. 343 - Volunteer Personnel in Schools. Volunteers shall complete - Volunteer Registration Form/Confidentiality Form and provide a valid local RCMP Criminal Record Check (3rd party record checks will not be accepted). Once these forms have been received the volunteer may be given a sticker so that the rest of the school community understands that their presence in the building has been approved.
For morning entrance and end of day dismissal we ask that parents remain outside unless you have a scheduled meeting with staff or administration. This prevents significant congestion and safety issues in
the hallways for your children during these time periods. This limits the disruption to the classroom teaching and student learning. This also assists and supports in the development of independent skills for your children to get themselves ready for class or for dismissal. Thank you for your cooperation, understanding, and trust in maintaining a safe educational environment for your children.
Mr. Shane Chisholm Mrs. Diane Kulczycki
Principal Vice Principal